Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sometimes...


Sometimes a cup of tea and a bowl of soup are just enough to set you right. I've been writing to several pen pals lately and cooking up a frenzy of home-cooked goodies such as light potato salad, barbecued drumsticks, spaghetti and more. Even so, with all those amazingly good meals and flavors, sometimes I just don't feel like cooking much so a good broth is in order on those days when I just want something simple.

On Friday we went to the farmer's market at the Red Barn Flea Market in Bradenton, FL and got lots of fresh local produce for about $16. I love going to the market to get my vegetables: succulent tomatoes, gorgeous pickling cucumbers, tasty cherries and strawberries, and so much more. There is nothing better than enjoying an array of fresh fruits in the morning and that is what I intend to do tomorrow after I've exercised.

Photographing food has become a new obsession of mine and I will no doubt be sharing many of these subjects with you. Next weekend I hope to go and visit some other farmer's markets in the area. There is one on Anna Maria Island called the Bridge Street Farmer's Market that I am very much interested in checking out. Even with all these farmer's markets around my favorite is still the weekly market in La Candelaria in Caracas, Venezuela. This chapter in my journey is dedicated to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...