Thursday, June 14, 2012

New lifestyle...new beginnings...

This new vegan lifestyle I've embarked on has taught me a lot about myself and how much I'd been missing in life. I have discovered an amazing amount of good wholesome natural plant-based foods that I'd never encountered before in life because in my predominantly meat-eating household the veggies and grains were almost always a side dish, never a main event and pretty much the same old thing each day. I am not a fan of eating the same thing over and over again--it gets old quick and I love to spice it up so when I found punchfork.com with the help of my friend Nicole I was ecstatic and it has basically become my new online vegan cookbook.

This morning I was pumped because of all the goodies I tried for the first time ever! Take a look:

It was my first time trying vegan cheese and butter substitutes and rice milk
in my coffee plus the flourless bread was also a first and guess what? It all
tasted amazing!

I took a picture of my tasty breakfast this morning which was just scrumptious!

Delicious!

What do you think? Dinner was also really yummy! We had another dish from the Vegetarian Times' issue from April/May 2012 called Conchiglie with Tomato, Pine Nuts and Raisins. I am in love with that magazine!

My dinner plate this evening...packed with some scrumptious goodness!

Aren't they beautiful?

Delicious!

I'm smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...