Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Butter...

There is something about butter that makes everything taste good. Sometimes I put an enormous amount of butter on my toast just because it tastes so good. I tend to cook a lot with butter. I often fry my eggs in it or sautee my vegetables in a combination of butter and olive oil. I ALWAYS bake with butter when a recipe calls for it. Margarine never enters the picture. To me, margarine is the devil when it comes to cooking, baking and eating. Others will beg to differ, I'm sure, but it is in my humble opinion that butter is close to divinity. Can you imagine a beurre blanc made with margarine? Positively sacrilegious. I'll always prefer butter.


"Eat butter first, and eat it last, and live till a hundred years be past."
Old Dutch proverb

Cookies made with butter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...