Friday, May 27, 2011

Passion...


When one looks up the word passion a great many definitions come up but the one which resounds most with me, particularly when it comes to food, is "boundless enthusiasm". I believe that best sums up the type of passion I have for food. Food is not merely nutrients or vitamins that we need, it is not merely calories to count; food is a journey for the senses, a voyage into foreign lands. Food is simply sublime.

I know there are all sorts of different "foods" out there, if you will; good food, junk food, fast food, and much more but my passion is for the food that contains the freshest ingredients and the love that is found in the preparation of a home cooked meal. Fast food to me can hardly be classified as food but nevertheless, it does exist and I have been known to grab a burger or a hot dog on occasion, though very rarely. We all occasionally gravitate to fast food or junk food but those of us who truly are passionate about food tend to be purists in our flair and enjoy the labor that is cooking at home.

Who else but we purists can look at a zucchini and think it is as beautiful as a poem? We go to the farmer's markets and skillfully seek out only the best and freshest fruits and vegetables. We seek out ingredients from far away lands in order to have that particular flavor we've been looking for. That is the journey of passion we take when we love food. Thus I begin this diary of my own particular journey.

I will strive to share with you the reader everything I have learned, every flavor I've tasted, every memory I've made pertaining to food. I look forward to sharing more with you in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...