Saturday, June 4, 2011

Inventive...

Nadia's Lime-Herbed Chicken
I recently acquired a little publication from my local Publix grocery store that the chain publishes called Publix Grape: Everyday Pleasures of Wine and Food on my last visit and was delighted to find a few of my favorite food bloggers mentioned in this particular issue. Among them is my favorite David Lebovitz who lives in Paris and always has the most amazing photos on his blog. He and the countless other food bloggers and chefs I follow are the ones who have inspired me to continue cooking and creating. I've been working on my own original recipes lately and am in love with one recipe I developed using chicken thighs and every herb in our ever expanding little apartment style herb-garden.

It is a joy to be able to see those little plants every day and to pick them to incorporate into my meals and recipes. My favorites are definitely the sweet basil and rosemary (I think the Italian blood that courses through my veins comes out quite potently in my cooking). The recipe I developed still needs a working title but for now we are calling it Nadia's Lime-Herbed Chicken. I hope to come up with something a bit more original in the coming days but for now that will suffice. Flavor is key in this recipe and the pairing of lime with herbs in the roux that the chicken is coated with gives it a subtle hint of the Mediterranean. The aroma of it all is delectable. Soon I will share the recipe with you but for now...enjoy the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...